By attending the Pegisha, and entering my initials in the Waiver/Rules box on the online registration form, I accept the following.
Rules of Behavior:
All illegal substances and underage drinking of alcohol (the legal drinking age in the United States is 21 and 19 in Ontario, Canada) are strictly prohibited throughout the weekend event. Chabad on Campus reserves the right to expel anyone engaging in illegal behavior, including but not limited to underage drinking or supplying alcohol to a minor (below legal drinking age) or the possession and/or consumption of illegal substances. All fees will be forfeited. The decision of Chabad on Campus on this matter will be final.
Waiver of Responsibility:
- PARTICIPATION IN THE TRIP – I desire to participate in the “Chabad on Campus Regional Pegisha” weekend retreat, (hereafter referred to as “the Trip”). I understand that participation in this Trip is strictly voluntary and I freely choose to participate.
- WAIVER OF CHABAD LIABILITY FOR DANGERS AND RISKS - I understand that there are certain dangers, hazards and risks inherent in travel and the activities to be engaged in during the Trip which can cause personal injury, death and/or property damage. I further understand that Chabad on Campus cannot and does not assume responsibility for any such personal injury, death or property damage.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISKS- Notwithstanding the dangers, hazards and risks involved, and in consideration of being permitted to participate in the Trip:
A. I agree to assume all the risks surrounding my participation in the Trip and in the activities I undertake in connection therewith; and
B. I release and forever discharge Chabad on Campus, its trustees, officers, agents, employees and any person acting as employees (hereafter collectively called the “Releasees”), from any and all liability for any injury, damage, claim, demand, action, cost, and expense of any nature that may at any time have or incur, arising out of or in any manner related to any loss, damage or injury, including but not limited to suffering and death, that may be sustained by me or by any property belonging to me during the Trip.
- DISCLAIMER OF CHABAD RESPONSIBILITY - I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT CHABAD IS:
A. Not responsible or liable for any injury, damage , loss, accident or delay which may be caused by a defect in any vehicle or other mode of transportation, or the negligence or other wrongful act of any party engaged to provide services connected with the Trip,
B. Not responsible or liable for any injury, damage, loss, or expense due to sickness, weather, strikes, hostilities, wars, natural disasters, terrorism, or other such causes,
C. Not responsible or liable for disruption of travel arrangements, or any consequent additional expenses that may be incurred therefrom, and
D. Not responsible or liable for any loss, damage, or theft of my luggage or other personal belongings.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR MEDICAL NEEDS - I represent to Chabad on Campus that I am aware of my personal medical needs and that there are no health related reasons or problems which may preclude or restrict my participation in the Trip. I understand that I am solely responsible for obtaining insurance coverage to protect against the cost of hospitalization and physician care in the event of sickness, accident, injury.I further understand and agree that (i) Chabad is not responsible for attending to any of my medical or medication needs, (ii) I assume all risks and responsibility for my medical and medication needs, and (iii) if I am required to be hospitalized at any time during the Trip, Chabad does not assume any legal responsibility for payment of such costs.I further understand that the Releasees do not have medical personnel available at any time during the Trip. I grant the Releasees permission to authorize my emergency medical treatment, including surgery, in the event that I am unable to do so. I acknowledge and agree that this grant of authority does not create a special relationship between Chabad on Campus and me. I further acknowledge and agree that Releasees assume no liability or responsibility for any injury or damage I may suffer or incur arising out of or in connection with such authorized emergency medical treatment.
- LEGAL PROBLEMS – I understand that if I have legal problems during the trip, I will attend to the matter personally with my own funds and that Chabad on Campus is not responsible for providing any assistance to me under such circumstances.
- BINDING NATURE OF RELEASE – It is my express intent that this Release shall bind the members of my family (including my spouse, if any) if I am alive, and my heirs, personal representatives, successors and assigns if I am deceased.
- INDEMNIFICATION – I agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Releasees harmless from any liability, claim, action, debt, damage, loss, cost and expense of every kind or nature asserted by any party against any Releasee or incurred by any Releasee and arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with my participation in the Trip or any of the activities I engage in during the Trip.
- DISCLOSURE – CHABAD ON CAMPUS HAS INFORMED ME THAT BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT I RELEASE AND WAIVE LEGAL RIGHTS THAT I OTHERWISE MIGHT HAVE, AND THAT I SHOULD READ THE DOCUMENT CAREFULLY AND UNDERSTAND IT FULLY BEFORE SIGNING.
- REPRESENTATIONS – I represent to Chabad on Campus that (i) I have read this Release and fully understand its content and the effect of its terms and provisions, (ii) I sign this Release as my own free act and deed, (iii) with respect to the matters set forth in this Release, no oral representations, statements or inducements other than those expressly contained herein have been made to me by any of the Releasees, (iv) I am over the age of eighteen (18) and fully competent to sign this Release, and (v) I execute this Release for complete and adequate consideration, fully intending to be bound by the same.
- PARTIAL INVALIDITY – If any provision of this document shall be held illegal or unenforceable, then I agree the validity of all remaining provisions shall not be affected thereby to the maximum extent permitted by law.